Monday, July 16, 2012

Tips for Reducing Stress





Let's be honest, we all get stressed out at least occasionally. Work, children, finances, etc. all add up to create stress. But is it all really necessary? Here are some tips to help you relieve stress in your life:



  • Accept that there are events you can't control
  • Keep a positive attitude. Instead of looking at the negatives (I'll never finish this paperwork!), keep a positive outlook (I'm doing my best, I will do as much as I can.)
  • If you feel stressed, take a walk or do something else to get your mind off of it.
  • Manage your time wisely, leave yourself a few extra minutes between tasks
  • Do things that you like to do, like gardening or reading
  • Take a few minutes each day to just sit quietly and reflect
  • Exercise regularly
  • Avoid alcohol, and don't smoke (or try to quit)
  • Eat healthy, balanced meals
  • Get enough rest and sleep
  • Seek out social support

No comments:

Post a Comment